It's been a productive week on the work front (productive by my standards- probably not by anyone else's). Tuesday saw the start of my script writing class for this year. The task set over Christmas was to write a 10-15 page theatre script based on the outlines we all did last year. So I that's what I did, sort of!
Actually, what really happened was this; I either procrastinated/was genuinely too busy/or plain ignored the pressing task right through Christmas and New Year. With hindsight I like to think that this was because of nagging doubts about the original story and outline. Finally on Tuesday- the day of the class, I sat down at 9.30am and wrote all 10 pages. Not the original outline but something completely different, an idea that seeded in my brain some months ago which I now realise had been growing without me realising it- hence being able to bang it straight out onto the screen, funny how writing happens like that sometimes. It's the first draft so it needs more work (obviously) but I am hoping it might develop into something submit worthy. I still have my abandoned outline to make something of too- if I can. I think it was too Christmassy in tone, I don't mean the plot was anything Christmas related but it was written mid- December and has that feel about it, now post- Christmas I just can't get into it. Weird.
Annoyance of the week is not being able to get ScriptSmart to download. I had it on my old PC but now have a laptop with Vista/ Office 2007 which doesn't appear compatible. If anyone reads this and has any ideas they will be gratefully received. Of course what I really want to do is buy a copy of Final Draft but sadly that's just not financially viable at the moment. Although... maybe if I sold one of the children...Hmm tempting.
One Blog Closes, Another Blog Opens
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment