I saw an excellent production last night of Accidental Death of an Anarchist, an adapted version of the Dario Fo original. Spectacular dialogue and a visually brilliant piece, it made me realise I have along way to go before any of my work will stand up to 2hrs of scrutiny.
Talking of adaptations I have a coursework deadline looming in the form of a piece of 'Re-Creative' writing. This is the first year that this has been done on the A Level syllabus so it is a bit of an unknown quantity for all involved. Our piece has to take the form of an extra scene or monologue from Death of a Salesman. It all sounds very fun and a welcome break from the traditional essay but...can I possibly write in the style of a 1940s Arthur Miller?
I can only hope. Watch this space for my grade.
One Blog Closes, Another Blog Opens
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment